CIO recently published a detailed article on the 14 things you need to know about Data Storage Management.
What would you add to the list? – comment below.
Click the link above for the original article.
1. Know your data.
2. Don’t neglect unstructured data.
3. Understand your compliance needs.
4. Establish a data retention policy.
5. Look for a solution that fits your data, not the other way around.
6. Don’t let upfront costs dictate your decision.
7. Use a tiered storage approach.
8. Know your clouds.
9. Carefully vet storage providers.
10. Don’t store redundant data.
11. Make sure your data is secure.
12. Leverage technologies that use deduplication, snapshotting and cloning.
13. Make sure you can find the data you need once it’s been stored
14. Have a disaster recovery plan — and constantly test.